New Creature New Creature

Decent standard of animation, only i was lost the whole way through it.. It's not allways necessary to be completely obvious, but in this case it seemed like the whole idea was based around conveying a message as opposed to being nothing but random art, and on that front I had no idea what that was, and I still dont. whatever it was, make sure that it doesn't exclude anyone based on what only *certain* people might know. The soundtrack was fitting for the visuals.. and it was all around well animated, but really just a head fuck :p

I'm agnostic i dont follow a religion, but damn.. some of the reviewers here are stupid as fuck. Dont rubbish the whole thing just because you're on one side of the fence, open your tiny mind and try to see what they were doing artistically, ignorant prejudices aside. Funny how people think they can be sure either way with so few stones turned over in the grand scheme. that said, make your message clear to those of us who havent read the bible, otherwise you kinda get what you deserve when people flame you.

StarNova StarNova

it looks like a bunch of typical ideas thrown together... seen that kind of line art and voice acting style a thousand times before and the plot, though i guess you could say wasn't a ripoff, didn't feel like anything new either. standard NG submission :/ i'd like to rate you higher for the effort you atleast put in, and though i didn't like the choice of voicing, it was done well... but i'll wait until something truly original shows up.

Twisted4000 responds:

I'm not sure what you mean by "voice acting style", are you talking about the male voices for the female characters, or just the overall voicing? And the "line-art style" you are talking about is basically the just the brush tool... the way I like it.

LUCKY DAY FOREVER LUCKY DAY FOREVER

Zidane3000 you're a fuckin redneck douchebag. go have sex with a power outlet..
Yeah, this is what it is. it is kind of pretentious sometimes for people to be coming up with half the crap they are saying, HOWEVER. as not interpretive art, but simply a straight-up creation, it still holds alot of artistic merit in it's design and the story telling, though not hiding subliminal messages, it's still far above most of todays submissions in those aspects. i found the story to be good, the settings and the pace were all pretty much perfect in complimenting eachother. it did have depth to it, and the way it was drawn created a vibe there was lots goin on out there. if harmless comments like those seem gay to you then you must be a real closet fag desperately trying to prove something.

No Another Pokemon Parody No Another Pokemon Parody

The animation was pretty good.. and the idea was okay. voice acting - seemed to match the characters fine, however the volume tended to fluctuate a little so i had to adjust my sound several times. The humour style though, and those particular faces they pulled on the close-ups... It has been done to death around here, i'd like to see something with your animation abilities less cliche'.

What Happened To Robin? What Happened To Robin?

I appreciate the effort you put into this and i'm happy to see more comic inspired flash's showing up. The art style and humor itself, felt a bit too "Newgrounds". my advice is find your own thing and develop your unique style, because if you start animating based on what works here, and with the intention to be a hit here, you become part of a lame collective with dorky senses of humor. I can't say i havent ever made movies by those standards but who is honestly 100% happy with who they were years ago unless they haven't grown? anyway you got skills dude, enough to execute something well.. whatever you wanna do with your animations, that is your call. just hope you take on board this info!
if you got any more superhero flash's put em up ;)

SpeedoSausage responds:

Thanks! Yeah, I kinda' feel that I haven't really found my own unique "style" yet in terms of the art and animation, but I'd like to think that there'll be some changes when I start using a tablet. As for the sense of humor, I have plans for less toilet-humored animations based on my own original characters, but I wanna' try and build up a bit of a fan base first, and parodies are the best way - not to suggest that I don't like doing parodies and am just making them as a distraction before I attempt original stuff because I love doing parodies. But yeah, I plan on doing some more unique things in the future.

American Pokemon American Pokemon

Man, that was... really kinda disturbing...

You guys run this site, so in one way you have the right to do what you want. That said, as the guys running this joint you should try a bit harder to be figures of nobility us as users and amateur artists/animators can look up to. Yet i lose confidence in this site as i myself grow because i notice trends in everything that i feel are immature and lame, and sometimes stupid. The walls seem to close in, and that feeling of this big operation is now begging to seem like a petty showcase for particular themes which are growing old and take away from the professionalism.

when i first joined, it was like "woah, this is an endless supply of home-made cartoons and creations ran by some cool people out there with a talent for animation". and yet, all i see now days are a collection of meme-inspired trendy-humored repetitions of archetypes types and sleaze-baggery. that's what works, and that saddens me to see such a deluded collective. I'm not some conservative asshole but i do like to feel i'm in a place rich with substance and avenues to explore.. and this display i just watched.. i feel like i'm in the company of a bunch of immature basement dwelling cretins, not some creative heros but a group of pack-minded dorks catering to other small minds.

it's not just this, but in general. the crap that gets the front page, it's all the same.. and it's voted by the same people. in the art department, people vote high whenever there are tits on the thumbnail and don't care much for true skill or effort applied. just slap a me-gusta face on something or parody a popular game. chairs are reserved for familiar faces, people rip off other artists and are congratulated... every second animator tries to animate their cartoon self or their protagonist as some sarcastic opinionated "cool" guy. otherwise ripping off popular comedy styles seen in the likes of shows such as family guy etc.

these thoughts have been brewing for the last couple of years, and it's gotta be said. you probably don't give a shit, i'm just another newgrounds user and not even a good one at that, i dont laugh at memes. but i would like to think that somewhere in you guys, is the desire to be something bigger than just goons drawing dicks on everything, and perhaps a will to cater to those of us who aren't obnoxious teenage ferrets who laugh with our mouth's wide open at anything obscene or Internet-like. this submission was kinda sickening... and yet, it seems to sadly fit right in with what this site seems to be about. you're supposed to be the big brother figures we go to and say "hey, that was kinda suss don't you think?" yet you're the ones making this crap.

this website is a great concept, but it's being flooded with bullshit and you'll lose good people.
thanks in advance for skimming this and passing me off as another jackass.

Made In China Made In China

a lot of stuff happened... cool. ever seen that weird short film 'un chien andalou' ? this reminded me alot of that, lots of nonsensical things happening with no intended purpose or meaning. despite having no meaning or form, it was entertaining. all the doctor stuff creeped me out a bit, but overall not bad.

"Summer Rec" Preview "Summer Rec" Preview

Hah.. okay. do it! it looks promising, the art style is kinda cool. the last one i'd be intimidated by would be the fat metal guy, everyone knows they are all chub and no punch, but hey maybe there's other reasons for that part. mix of characters covers a bit, what kinda stuff do you intend to do with'em?

Stickman Can't Fight 5 Stickman Can't Fight 5

not bad, seemed a little bit dragged out though, I didn't laugh at the jokes, but i found them witty and creative, all in all, it was entertaining enough and for what it seems you were going for, i'd say it was reasonably well executed.

guitan11 responds:

i appreciate your honesty. :D

Meet Me By The Lake Meet Me By The Lake

You're a real fucking tripper... it reminds me of a professional version of one those submissions crack-heads upload all the time that make no sense and get blammed, but with actual effort put in. it's actually alright. A little bit out there, but a nice change from the 'trendy' kinda crap that rates well here these days. keep it up